Tummy Tuck – Abdominoplasty
Tummy tuck surgery or abdominoplasty is a cosmetic surgery to make the belly flat and firmer. The surgery removes excess fat or skin and tightens muscles and connective tissues (fascia) in the abdomen to give it a firmer appearance. Typically, it is sought after pregnancy or major fat loss when the skin loosens and becomes saggy.
How Tummy Tuck Flattens Tummy, Or Helps In Fat Loss?
This is a cosmetic surgery that reshapes the abdominal muscles by bringing them in ideal contour. Though named abdominoplasty, it is widely used on buttocks and thighs, where the excess fat layer accumulates. The tummy tuck surgery in Mumbai is pre-palnned and tailored surgery. The procedure is as follows:
- The surgeon assesses the excess skin and markings are done before the surgery.
2. Next, under anesthesia, he incises skin and pushes the upper skin layer.
3. The excess fat is removed, and the naval muscles are repaired.
4. Finally, the surgeon recovers the removed skin flap and closes the incision with sutures.
The surgical fat removal gives results almost immediately, and the person feels lighter and in better shape. Tummy tuck surgery in Mumbai is very commonly used for cosmetic and professional reasons.
Who Can Have It?
Abdominoplasty is a choice for:
- Both men and women
- Health-conscious people who want to be in better shape
- Those who want reduced abdominal skin dimpling due to aging
- Women as a post-pregnancy measure, to lose excessive fat and retain better shape.
- Those who want to expedite their fat loss along with taking other fat loss measures
Who Should Not Have It?
This surgery is not suitable for all body types. The following people should refrain from choosing it:
- Pregnant women should not opt for this.
- If a woman is planning future pregnancies, then abdominoplasty should be avoided.
- The ones expecting a major fat loss
How To Maintain Sustainable Results After Tummy Tuck Surgery In Mumbai?
Tummy tuck surgery may be helpful in the long term only if it is coupled with the right weight management plans. For obtaining sustainable tummy tuck results, one needs to:
- Control diet and include fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals in the diet.
- Keep yourself hydrated to help weight loss
- Exercise and shed fat in the form of sweat
Weight management is very important to prevent fat replacement in the fat pockets.
Dr. Ashish Ghuge is a highly qualified plastic surgeon with vast experience in performing plastic surgeries. He seeks inspiration from his patient who experiences a new zeal and confidence in life after plastic surgeries like a tummy tuck. He and his team strive to better their surgeries and receive the best outcomes. For more information, browse our homepage.