Breast Augmentation Fat Transfer
Breast augmentation through fat transfer is the latest trend, catching the attention of those seeking options for breast enhancement, but is it natural and non-invasive? Let us find out.
Breast Augmentation is a cosmetic surgery involving breast implants or fat transfer to the breast to enhance its size and shape. Fat-graft breast enlargement technique is gaining popularity because it is the least invasive procedure to perform fat grafting to the breast.
What is Breast Augmentation Fat Transfer?
There are several ways of breast implants, but the one done through fat transfer to the breast is more natural and less intrusive. Breast augmentation through fat transfer is a procedure in which a cosmetic surgeon harvests fat from other body parts via liposuction, refines it, processes it, and then injects it into the breasts.
The extra fat for breasts is taken from the patient’s body only. Doctors take fat from fatty areas of the body like hips, thighs, tummy, or butt. Lipofilling uses 100% natural fat. Some volume of fat may get reabsorbed in the body. However, 50 to 90%volume of injected fat, will last as a permanent filler to the breast. The converted breast is soft, pliable, and smooth and larger.
Why is Breast Augmentation Fat Transfer gaining popularity?
While implants have existed long, fat transfer breast augmentation in Mumbai has gained buzz recently. The following pointers suggest the reasons and how they differ from Breast implants.
- Natural augmentation: The fat is harvested from your own body; therefore, no external silicone or saline implants are used.
- Quicker recovery: Fat grafting to the breast is comparatively less invasive than breast augmentation with implants, so healing is a bit faster.
- Minimal scarring: The fat transfer technique leaves minimal scarring around the breast. Implant placement requires incisions on or near the breast, while fat transfer can be done with 2-3mm small cut.
- Fine-tuning the shape: This method can correct any irregularities in the breast for a more natural look and feel.
- Breast Reconstruction post Cancer: Fat grafting to the breast is emerging as a new breast reconstruction technique.
- Modest size enhancement: This procedure results in modest size enhancement like an increase of ½ to 1 cup size. The procedure can be repeated for further gain in breast size. In contrast, implants provide a predictable and much larger increase in volume.
The cosmetic surgeon discusses your medical history and goals for breast implant surgery. During the procedure, the surgeon uses manual liposuction methods for fat harvesting. The fat collected is refined by removing blood, oil, water, or any impurities. The refined tissue is then diligently sculptured into the breast, creating a natural look.
It is a slow and intricate process that takes between two to four hours under anaesthesia.
If you are considering breast augmentation, it’s best to consult an expert specialist like Dr Ashish Ghuge. During a private consultation, you can clear all your doubts and concerns during the procedure and recovery phase.
To know more book an appointment with the best plastic surgeon in Mumbai for consultation regarding your breast augmentation options.