All the deets about Dimple Creation Surgery
Dimple Creation Surgery (Dimpleplasty) – Definition
Firstly, let’s understand what dimples are. Dimples are indentations formed when we smile. They are most commonly found on the bottoms of the cheeks. Some people may have chin dimples as well. However, people who don’t have but desire to have dimples can undergo the process of ‘Dimpleplasty’ or Dimple Creation surgery.
A Dimpleplasty can be termed as a type of plastic surgery used to create artificial dimples on the cheeks. It is a safe outpatient cosmetic surgical process that can be accomplished in less time and with less discomfort.
Why are people fascinated by dimples?
Everyone does not inherit a dimple as a facial feature. Instead, dimples form naturally in some people as a result of indentations in the dermis caused by deeper facial muscles. Others may be the result of an injury.
Dimples, for whatever reason, are regarded as a sign of beauty, good luck, and even fortune in some cultures. The number of dimple surgeries has increased significantly in recent years as a result of such perceived benefits. However, people have become accustomed to aesthetic beauty for many years, and having natural beauty is no longer a question! We have many examples of patients who have come to our centre to improve their natural concerns in addition to their cosmetic concerns. And one of them is the dimple creation associated with fortune and good luck.
Some patients approach us because they do not have a natural dimple and express their desire by saying it doubles the charm with a pleasing personality. Thus, we have accordingly performed a dimple creation surgery procedure to help achieve their expectations.
An ideal contender for Dimple Creation Surgery procedure
- Someone who is in good physical condition
- Dimpleplasty can be done on both men and women, and on all skin colours and types.
- It can particularly be beneficial for patients who have rounded cheeks.
- You should have a reasonable expectation of the dimpleplasty procedure.
- Anyone who wants to have dimples on their face while living a healthy life can have dimpleplasty.
Dimple Creation Surgery – The actual procedure
Following are the steps in a Dimpleplasty surgery:
- Anaesthesia: Our plastic surgeon Dr. Ashish Ghuge is a highly trained and professional plastic surgeon. He carefully performs every surgery under local anaesthesia in a hospital setup making it a safe procedure for you.
- To create a dimple, a small, painless incision is made inside your cheek. There is no incision made on the skin’s surface.
- Suture: A suture is passed through the inside of the cheek and catches beneath the skin’s surface where the desired dimple is desired. When this suture is tied, the overlying skin develops dimpling. At first, a dimple can be seen even when not smiling, but after a few days, or even a few weeks, the dimple can only be seen when smiling or moving the face.
Recovery and downtime post a Dimple Creation Surgery procedure
There is virtually no downtime following the dimple creation surgery, and you will be able to return home immediately following the procedure:
- Swelling may occur, but it usually goes away on its own after a few days.
- Cold packs can be used to reduce swelling.
- Most people resume their normal daily activities, such as going out or working, two- three days after having a dimpleplasty.
- To see the results, a one-week follow-up should be maintained.
What about the results of a Dimple Creation Surgery?
- The outcome of dimple creation surgery is of permanent or semi permanent nature and lasts eternally in most and for few years for few patients..
- By the end of the one to two week, the dimple’s appearance becomes more natural.
- Suture gets absorbed on its own.
- When you heal, the dimple will usually flatten out when you are not smiling and will only appear when you are smiling.
Why choose Dr. Ashish Ghuge as your go-to plastic surgeon?
In his career, Dr. Ashish Ghuge has been credited with performing many surgeries. He performs dimpleplasty surgery on a regular basis, but he always tends to recommend a specific technique based on your surgical needs and desired cosmetic outcome. Dr. Ghuge specializes in dimple creation surgery and provides the best cosmetically desired results.
He is well-known for his artistic eye, combined with exceptional surgical precision that aids in achieving enhanced facial appeal through dimpleplasty.
It’s no surprise that Dr. Ashish Ghuge has been recognized as a renowned cosmetic surgeon in Mumbai who has happily satisfied several of his patients with what they exactly anticipated out of the surgery.